Wednesday, February 10, 2016

713. A Nightmare on Elm Street

A Nightmare on Elm Street
1984
Directed by Wes Craven








My first experience with Wes Craven was Scream, so I considered myself a fan until I was exposed to Last House on The Left and The Hills Have Eyes, both of which made Texas Chainsaw Massacre seem wholesome.  This turned out to be more my speed when it comes to the horror genre, probably because there wasn't any sexual violence.  Hurray!

Freddy Krueger is a psychotic killer who is capable of infiltrating your dreams and slashing you with his razor fingers.  So two cool trademarks.  As with any horror villain, he starts by killing the sluttiest among us.

I have never seen any of the sequels or remakes but I understand that Freddy Krueger becomes much more vocal and saucy.  I prefer Freddy now, largely silent and creepy as hell.  Of course, it is a pretty predictable movie but at least it has some fun twists.

RATING: ****-

Interesting Facts:

Over 500 gallons of fake blood were used in creating this film.

Johnny Depp's first film role.

1 comment:

  1. I've seen all the sequels and believe me you are not missing anything by not seeing them, although the third was OK, the others mediocre at best and pretty dull, the 2nd is truly awful.

    ReplyDelete