Wednesday, February 10, 2016

712. Paris, Texas

Paris, Texas
1984
Directed by Wim Wenders












This is one of those films that I thought would be brilliant but would ultimately bore the hell out of me.  I was surprised by how mediocre I found the actual movie to be and I am a bit confused as to how it ended up on The List.

Travis Henderson abandoned his family and wandered around the desert for years, wanting to escape his life.  After collapsing from dehydration and being treating by a doctor, he reconnects with his brother (who has been raising Travis' son during the his jaunt in the South Texas).  Travis also attempts to rebuild relationships with his son and his ex wife.

Well, I was right about it being boring.  But wow, how cheesy was that film.  I would like a psychologist to examine this movie because the way Travis' son behaved seemed so unrealistic that it was just ridiculous.  Even the title got on my nerves, which contained such obvious symbolism that I almost felt like the filmmakers had phoned it in.

Perhaps I am being too harsh.  Okay, I know I am being too harsh.  But we have had such good movies recently that it is difficult not to bitch.

RATING: **---

Interesting Facts:

Kurt Cobain's favorite film.

No comments:

Post a Comment