Thursday, January 28, 2016

678. Trop tôt, Trop tard

Trop tôt, Trop tard
1981
Directed by Jean-Marie Straub and Daniele Huillet









The poindexter who put this film on the List stated that this was his favorite landscape movie.  A competitive category, to be sure.  Not only was this ridiculously hard to find, but it is one of the most boring film experiences I have ever had.

So basically we are treated to an hour and forty minutes of shots of the French countryside, while the two directors read out loud text written by Friedrich Engels and Mahmoud Hussein.  I felt like I was being forced to look through a vacation photo album from a particularly unlikable relative, although truly if anyone in real life was talking to me in such a monotonous voice, I would be obliged to put my foot down.

It doesn't help this film's case that it was so hard to find, although I suppose the sheer dullness of this one makes it unlikely that anyone that isn't a List follower would be trying to find it.  I had to download the file, run it through a file converter, download another app to watch it, and then translate the subtitles.

I feel like I should at least touch on the political commentary in this film, but I feel I like I got as much out of it as I would a high school history presentation, done by a student who refuses to look up from the notebook they are reading from.  Definitely not worth finding.   We should all assist in helping this fade into obscurity.

RATING: *----

Interesting Facts:

None. None interesting facts.

2 comments:

  1. This review is hilarious! I love your point of view and I KNOW this is way more entertaining than the movie! :) Thanks for the chuckles today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Glad we got something positive out of this!

      Delete