Saturday, January 16, 2016

657. Mad Max

Mad Max
1979
Directed by George Miller









I think Charlize Theron's Mad Max may be what people think of when they hear the title of this film.  I haven't seen the remake or sequel or whatever it is supposed to be and if it is anything like this, I have no desire to.

Mel Gibson plays Max, an officer in dystopian Australia's highway patrol.  His job is track down gang members that are terrorizing people.  Eventually he tires of spending all his working hours killing people and decides to spend more time with his family killing people.

I suppose this is the kind of dose of testosterone that men may enjoy.  Heavy violence, car chases, Mel Gibson in leather.  Of course, there is no male equivalent for the word "chick flick" since society doesn't feel the need to belittle genres men enjoy.  In any case, as far as revenge cases go, this was rather half assed.  Definitely missable.

RATING: *----

Interesting Facts:

Toe Cutter's performance was based on the actor's research on the behavior of Genghis Khan.


6 comments:

  1. I would, and do, avoid a 'bloke movie' .. car chases, explosions, fast edits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. It was almost worse than Faster Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

      Delete
  2. I HATED THIS MOVIE AND NEVER GOT IT.WTF?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh boy, if we thought this was boring and junk .. I'm afraid (and embarrassed to admit) I just watched 'Mad max Furry road' (typo deliberate). Everything that is crap about this film is ripple crap about that ..Hate, hate hate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought Furry road was pretty good :)

      I didn't fancy it and haven't seen the originals but I enjoyed it for what it was...pure entertainment which was shot beautifully. But I did switch off for the upteenth long driving sequence I must admit.

      Delete
  4. I have a feeling I won't like it, so I am dreading putting it on.

    ReplyDelete