Monday, January 11, 2016

651. Kramer vs. Kramer

Kramer vs. Kramer
1979
Directed by Robert Benton







I am getting quite sleepy as I have only had two naps today!  I do want to catch up on my blogs before I go to sleep so that I can accomplish something other than not throwing up, which is my claim to fame today.

Ted Kramer is a workaholic with a young son and an unhappy wife.  His wife moves out, leaving Ted to raise their child.  I know you are all wondering: how can these two goofballs form a father-son bond?  It can't be possible, right?  He doesn't even know how to make breakfast!

This movie is immensely frustrating, although to reveal why would be revealing spoilers.  I will say that this kid was absolutely adorable.  Child actors can be a huge hit or miss.  I'm still not over how annoying the Home Alone kid was.

There is no denying that this film is heartwarming.  It even warmed my cold, surgery heart.  Definitely worth a watch.

RATING: ****-

Interesting Facts:

Meryl Streep was pregnant during filming.

3 comments:

  1. Good film with some interesting ideas for the time. I remember feeling sorry for all the characters at some point but don't want to spoil anything. i still liked Dustin Hoffman then so I enjoyed the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dustin Hoffman lost me when he started loving being Dustin Hoffman so much.

    ReplyDelete