Saturday, January 16, 2016

1970s Oscars!

Hello all!

We have finished yet another decade.  I went into the 1970s expecting to have to sit through mostly over the top artsy movies and gritty Vietnam war dramas.  Fortunately, we also got some of the best comedies and musicals of all time.  I do have to admit I am a bit trepidatious about the 80s.  Although I guess I should be more scared to start the 80s on my album blog.  Here are my top and bottom picks of the 1970s.  This isn't scientific and totally subjective but feel free to argue with me in the comments section!

BEST PICTURE: Grease
Nominees: Manhattan
                  Annie Hall
                  Star Wars
                  Jaws
                  Alien
                  Barry Lyndon
                  The Godfather: Part II
                  Fox and his Friends
BEST ACTOR: Robert De Niro
Nominees: Richard Dreyfus
                  Robert Redford
                  Woody Allen
                  Bruno Ganz
BEST ACTRESS: Diane Keaton
Nominees: Meryl Streep
                  Jodie Foster
                  Hanna Schygulla
                  Piper Laurie
WORST PICTURE: Salo, 120 Days of Sodom
Nominees: The Tin Drum
                  The Hills Have Eyes
                  A Clockwork Orange
                  Pink Flamingos
                  Eraserhead
BEST DIRECTOR: Woody Allen
Nominees: Steven Spielberg
                  Rainer Werner Fassbinder
                  Martin Scorsese
                  Ridley Scott
BEST LINE: "To you from me Pinky Lee!"-Grease
Nominees: "My analyst warned me but you were so beautiful I got another analyst."-Manhattan
                  "Love is too weak a word for what I feel for you.  I lurve you."-Annie Hall
                  "Death has come to your little town, Sheriff."-Halloween


1 comment:

  1. I would have said worst movie was A Clockwork Orange but I haven't viewed your choice--the title gives me an indication. I actually liked the line from Annie Hall better than the one from Grease, but hey, that's just me.

    ReplyDelete