Saturday, January 16, 2021

1180. Sombre

Sombre
1998
Directed by Philippe Grandrieux












Yet another movie that would have made a great Halloween entry, but I thought I had drained every horror film from the List already. I had never heard of Sombre before, and kind of wish I never did.

Jean is a serial killer who follows the Tour de France, killing many prostitutes along the way. He meets a woman who naturally, falls in love with him, unaware of the true monster he is within. Why is this such a common narrative? 

Some of the editing choices of this movie were very strange, and even nauseating at times, with such a shaky camera. Well, I am recovering from surgery so pretty much everything is nauseating, including writing this review. But I still think this movie was sloppily put together.

I don't feel like this brought anything new to the table, and it's definitely skippable.

RATING: **---

Interesting Facts:

Winner of the C.I.C.A.E. Award - Special Mention at the Locarno International Film Festival.

No comments:

Post a Comment