Tuesday, June 21, 2016

982. Fahrenheit 9/11

Fahrenheit 9/11
2004
Directed by Michael Moore








I have been too depressed to discuss politics lately, given the current climate in the US right now.  However, I will briefly break my cranky silence and talk about Fahrenheit 9/11.

Basically, Michael Moore does his best to convince us in two hours that the Bush administration exploited the 9/11 tragedy in order to push forward their own corrupt agenda.   Moore alleges that the events like the signing of the Patriot Act or the footage of the US abuse towards prisoners are all evidence of an unlawful system.

So this is a rather scary film and skillfully presented that it is hard to visualize the other side of the argument.  I always take Moore's films with a grain of salt, but this truthfully shook me to my chore.  I have ranted so many times in the past week that I have no more rant to give.  But sometimes the fact that I am a US citizen scares me.

Easily Moore's most upsetting documentary yet.  And I thought Columbine would be unbeatable.

RATING: ****-

Interesting Facts:

First documentary to debut at number one at the box office.

Banned in Saudi Arabia and Kuwait.

2 comments:

  1. I've recent watched 'Sicko' and it's paeon to our NHS.

    Just thought I'd use that as a starter to this reply ...

    OK, Michael, I'm sure most observers and commentators here on Amanda's blog are basically on your side .. But please .. sometimes you do more harm than good. Facts and figures.. and more importantly quotes taken out of context and used to twist things to suit you (OK, our, agenda.. not good. It leaves you .. OK, us, open to valid criticism from the Trumps of this world.

    It's a great film, it's very powerful .. but sadly I find myself not entirely convinced I can trust you, and that's a crying shame.. as I'm sure 90% of what you want to say is correct and valid..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! And honestly I think the facts he does quote are shocking enough. He doesn't need to embellish or take things out of context.

      Delete