Friday, April 22, 2016

886. Babe

Babe
1995
Directed by Chris Noonan







I am not a big fan of animal movies, unless the animals are singing (I'm complex like that).  This was a bit too cutesy for me, but hopefully this movie persuaded more people to get on the vegetarian train.  We have tofu ice cream.

Babe is an orphaned piglet raised by sheepdogs and blissfully unaware that the majority of people are obsessed with bacon.  He learns how to herd sheep and shares a deep connection with Farmer Hoggett.

I admire the CGI in this film and appreciate the fact that there are dark themes for the adult audience to enjoy.  Still, it was just a bit too silly for me to enjoy; I couldn't get over the fact that I was listening to a pig.  This is my own fault for not being able to suspend my own disbelief.  Nonetheless, the heartwarming aspect of the movie was lost on me.

So a film I might recommend, but I certainly don't plan on seeing it again.

RATING: ***--

Interesting Facts:

48 pigs were used as Babe.

No comments:

Post a Comment