Sunday, November 25, 2012

243. Jeux Interdits

Jeux Interdits
Forbidden Games
1952
Directed by Rene Clement















All right, once I get this one done I can finally get start my actual work and holy shit, is it really already 2:05?

Anyway, I watched this film awhile ago when I was just browsing the streaming in Netflix.  I didn't really realize it was anything special until I started to read other people's reviews on it.

This movie is about a girl whose parents are shot down in front of her.  She finds a family that will take her in and forms a friendship with a little boy named Michelle.  They make a creepy pet cemetery so they won't feel alone.  One thing leads to another and most people find themselves reaching for the tissue box.

I was not one of those people.  The whole thing seemed dreadfully corny to me.  There was just way too much sappiness, almost to the point of nausea for me.   I am not one of those annoying people who laugh at sad movies; I just really did not feel anything.  Maybe that makes me some sort of sociopath.  Oh well.

RATING: ***--

Interesting Facts:

Bridgette Fossey's first film.

2 comments:

  1. I am afraid I am one of those people. I found this movie incredibly touching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mostly on your side Amanda .. (sorry TS). I wouldn't go as far as nausea, but, well, I'm afraid I just don't have that whatever it is that gets my heart warmed by kids in movies.. Unmoved, felt nothing? Well not totally, but not as much as we obviously were supposed to. I'm afraid I did find the animal cemetery a little creepy as well .. not sympathetic for the kids and their pain .. With Amanda, I sometimes wonder what's wrong with me ..

    ReplyDelete