Monday, November 14, 2011

94. Partie de Campagne

Partie de Campagne
A Day in the Country
1936

Today was one of those days when I hate everyone and anything.  I was a little bit nervous to watch this movie because I was afraid that I would rant about it even if it was decent.  Much to my surprise, however, I did genuinely like it.


This film will make you want to cry and not just because Anatole can't get rid of his hiccups!  This movie made an early use of the epilogue which is really tragic.  This film is only forty minutes long and it is available on YouTube so I would definitely recommend it.  It will remind you of your own experiences with young, impractical love.  My one complaint would be that 60% of the film is centered around conversation that I didn't really care about.  It wasn't boring but with the film being so short, I would rather hear about the love story.  Still great, though.


RATING: ****-


Interesting Facts:


There is no trivia on the IMDb web page.  Let's try Wikipedia...


Nope, still nothing interesting.  Sorry!


Full film:

No comments:

Post a Comment