Thursday, November 26, 2015

636. Grease

Grease
1978
Directed by Randal Kleiser









It's here.  The moment we have all been waiting for.  The greatest film of all time!  I think that statement, coupled with the fact that I just gave a rather low review to The Deer Hunter, might cause a mutiny among my readers.  I don't care!  I am going down with this ship.

Sandy Olsson and Danny Zuko meet during summer vacation.  They both think that Sandy has to go back to Australia for the fall, but her family ends up enrolling her in Danny's high school.  She pretends she didn't know about it, but I recognize stalking when I see it.  Anyway, the fast paced politics of high school life threaten to break them up.

This movie is absolutely flawless.  I have been watching this film since as long as I can remember (although my mom would fast forward the bit where Rizzo and Kenickie get it on).  I can pretty much recite the script to this movie, much to the horror of those around me.

Every song is beautiful and this is simply the most fun cinematic experience you can have.  My only complaint is that Patty Simcox never had a spin off.

RATING: *****

Interesting Facts:

Rizzo's hickeys were real.  Jeff Conaway insisted on applying them himself.  That sounds like barely disguised sexual harassment.

Jeff Conaway became addicted to drugs while filming this movie.

My favorite song from the movie:

4 comments:

  1. Errrrrrr ..... right.
    Insert predictable response here.

    "Rizzo's hickeys were real. Jeff Conaway insisted on applying them himself. That sounds like barely disguised sexual harassment."

    WHAT! Is this true? That's not 'barely disguised... ' .. that's assault ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I like Grease too! A lot actually. I love John Travolta, I love Jeff Conway...but I really could do without Olivia.

    ReplyDelete