Friday, August 23, 2013

377. The Ladies Man

The Ladies Man
1961
Directed by Jerry Lewis












God, I hate Jerry Lewis.  That is probably a very obvious statement, since I have never met anyone who actually liked him.  Still, it feels good to write that after spending two hours watching his stupid antics.  I HATE YOU JERRY!

Aw, much better.  Herbert Heebert (hahahahaha those are funny sounding words!) decides to give up women but then proceeds to move into an all women's boarding house.  OY!

I am not going to dwell on this movie too long.  I mean, how many times can I say "Jerry Lewis annoys the hell out of me and I will never be able to stand him."  I am guessing several more times, since we aren't going to be done with him for awhile.

Acting like a retarded man is not funny, Jerry, and never will be.

RATING: -----

Interesting Facts:

Lewis pioneered the "video assist" method during this film that is a standard practice for most modern films.

Jerry Lewis brought a gun on set.  Fucking lunatic.

4 comments:

  1. I hate him too!! And he is a lunatic--- I remember watching an interview with him many years ago and he was telling a story about how he drugged Dean Martin, and oh ho ho, wasn't that funny....? WTF? Anyway, I hated all his movies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Join the club, Amanda. Jerry Lewis is completely overrated and NOT FUNNY!
    Do you know what is worse than a Jerry Lewis movie? A long Jerry Lewis movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I learn that Jerry Lewis went on to make a comedy set in a concentration camp. Ready for release, he played it to friends who explained to him that this must never see the light of day.
    Interesting Youtube video on the subject: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DC5DIjpkjQ

    ReplyDelete