Friday, March 18, 2022

1238. Tenet

Tenet 
2020
Directed by Christopher Nolan












I was surprised to learn that this movie wasn't based on a video game. Even calling the main character "The Protagonist" is very video game-y. Since I wasn't playing this, I found it to be rather tedious. Also, I don't like time travel stories, which never seem to invite deep thought.

A secret agent capable of manipulating the flow of time attempts to prevent a catastrophic attack. And naturally there is a damsel in distress, and a super villain played by a well-respected British actor. 

Why do action movies have to be so long? I didn't find this movie particularly interesting. That being said, there were some cool touches placed that stylized the universe, like the backward speech and unique action scenes. 

But there were enough familiar action tropes to stop this from being truly unique, even if it was very polished.

RATING: ***--

Interesting Facts:

Only used practical effects. 

The main cast learned to speak backwards for their roles.

Robert Pattinson based on his accent on Christopher Hitchens.


2 comments:

  1. Sorry, no valid comment, I was so bored by this I just went through the motions to get my tick.
    As you say, so long ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes--why soooooo long? Good review as always!

    ReplyDelete